Notaries provide a variety of services and add assurance that the document’s signature is genuine.
North Shelby Library does not handle Wills, Divorce Decrees, Real Estate Closings, or Immigration/Passport Documents. We cannot notarize documents in languages other than English.
The first Notary signature is free, any further signatures are $5.00 each. The limit is 5 signatures.
Services are available by appointment only.
What to Bring:
- Bring a valid, government issued photo ID.
- Bring all pages of the document, not just the signature page.
- We recommend that you do not sign or date the document. Some documents must be signed in the Notary’s presence.
What to Expect:
- The Notary will review the documents to determine the type of document and whether the
documents can be notarized.
- The Notary will identify the signer(s) with government issued ID.
- The Notary will ask if the signer(s) is signing voluntarily.
- The Notary will record the type of document and signer(s)’s information in their official ledger.
- The signer(s) will sign the ledger and the document.
- The Notary will complete the certificate with the Notary’s signature and stamp.
- Notarization usually takes about 30 minutes, depending on the length and type of document.