The Children's Department is located on the 1st floor across from the Circulation desk and serves children from birth through 5th grade.
The library is physically closed at this time, but here are ways we are still working hard to provide services for you:
- Virtual & Social-Distancing Programs: Please check our online calender to see what programs we are offering and how we are offering them! Please feel free to call or email us if you have any questions!
- Curbside Service for checking out books: If you haven't already, please review our curbside service procedures. We know many of our families are used to browsing and may not know what to look for through our online catalog, so please let us help you! We are offering a book bundle service! Fill out the Book Bundle Request Form or call 439-5504.
- Activity Bundles: We've now have Activity Bundles for check outs! Each bundle will come with a book and printable activity sheets. Keep the activity sheets and return the book! We'll have different themes each month! Bundles are designed for children PreK through 1st Grade. Email or call 439-5504 to request a bundle!
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten: North Shelby Library participates in the nationwide program, 1000 Books Before Kindergarten. It's never too early to read to your child(ren)! Early literacy is crucial for future success, and the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten provides an encouraging and paced challenge for young children and their families. To register for this program, go to our Beanstack site and sign up for an account and then register for the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program.
- YouTube Channel: Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel! We upload fun content such as storytimes, craft ideas, book talks and more.